What is Reiki?
Reiki is an Energy Healing practice that treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit creating many beneficial effects such as relaxation, feelings of peace, security and wellbeing.
It is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then the person is more likely to get sick or feel stressed, and if it is high, the person is more capable of feeling joyful and healthy.
Reiki can be helpful to people who are addressing a wide range of health conditions, depression and anxiety. Reiki safely works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.
What happens during a Reiki treatment?
During the Reiki session the client remains fully clothed, lying on a massage table in a relaxed position.
Reiki is offered through light, non-invasive touch with the practitioner's hands placed and held on a series of locations on the head and front and back of the torso, including the the body’s energy centers.
The placement of the hands is never intrusive or inappropriate, nor there is any pressure.
During the session, there will be soft music playing as a way of masking ambient noise, but let your practitioner know if you prefer silence.
These are some of the numerous Reiki benefits:
- Promotes personal awareness
- Enhances spiritual connection
- Fosters natural self-healing
- Reduces stress
- Balances energies in the body
- Relieves pain and discomfort
- Relaxation: results in tranquility of mind, body and soul, which allows you to reboot, refresh and revitalize
- Better sleep: deeper, calmer and more rejuvenating sleep
- Helps meditative states
- Reiki is a holistic healing method
- Emotional relief: Reiki works to clear your mind and remove emotional blockages that are causing imbalances in your energy
- Promotes a clearer mind and the ability to be more focused
- Clearer Energy routes: Reiki clear the blockages in the passage of your energy, allowing you to become more self-aware and create more harmony and balance in your personal relationships
- Reiki adapts to needs of recipient